The main aim of the project is to link “supply and demand” in the region: the supply of various sources of funding for ideas of individuals or organizations on the one hand, and information on available financial and other opportunities for cooperation and activities on the other. Based on the conclusions of the Regional Cluster Meeting on the Impact of Capacity Building Projects in Higher Education in the Western Balkans (held in Albania in October 2019), these (and similar) projects aim to strengthen cooperation between EU Member States and other countries and provide support to participant countries in addressing common challenges in relation to management and governance of education and other policies.
In addition to opening an online platform that allows visibility and distribution of information on European and other funding programs in order to increase project applications, the specific objectives of the OPEN project are also focused on:
- the European path of the Western Balkans region through integration and mutual cooperation with partners from the European Union member states,
- Distributing and disseminating knowledge about the European Union, the benefits of membership and the challenges B&H and the region face in order to raise awareness of greater responsibility towards EU policies:
- Education (brain drain, study and exchange opportunities, professional development)
- Migration (brain drain, labor outflow, “white” migration, Middle East migration)
- Religion (religion in Europe, Islam in Europe, regional Jerusalem)
- Freedoms: (equal rights, human rights, LBGTQ population, Roma population, minority peoples, people with special needs)